Friday, March 6, 2009

Postiete Numeriete Siete

The borders did not look how i always sort of...imagined them. You sort of expect all the pretty colors and neat dotted lines you see on the maps in class. Of course, it would look even more odd then the border actually does if the border actually was a dotted pink line. Anyhoo, they were a lot simpler then i'd though. Just chain link fences. Not even that high. No security agents in black tuxedos with earpeices and bazooka's, or sleek helicopters every 5 feet. Just tall fences. When Nadira, Abba, Ma, and Aisha tried to cross the Canadian border, it was fairly anti climactic. No sneaking under moats in the dead of night or car chases. They tried, and failed, and after hours of waiting, Abba was arrested.

4 comments:

  1. Great job. I totally agree with you that when the family went to cross the border, it was a boringish end to a nerve racking and scary trip. I think they were expecting like what you said " neat dotted lines." and also "security agents in black tuzedos with ear peices and bazooka's, or sleek helicopters every 5 feet". I know i expected that :D!! I forget why they weren't let in at the Candian border...can someone refresh my memory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...kind of a boring part of the book. And then Abba gets arrested which adds a huge new element to the story. But this isn't an adventure story Katy so I am guessing there will NOT be any "sneaking under moats in the dead of night." It's more of a realistic modern story. Great diablog though.... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, good, good,

    I agree with Kalli and Samara this was a more boring, slow pace of the book. i strongly agree with Samaras opinions this is what I wanted to say exactly. I dont think that this story is an adventure and or mystery so I'm not expecting any hiding under mats or using walky talkies to communicate. I also think this is more of a real life situation and its going to work out more like it would work out in real life situations. Ither then that, good blog!

    ~DaVaughn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know what you all mean. It was like the end of a show where you expect this whole finally with all of these flashing lights and fire works but all that comes out is a tiny spark. I Really liked what you said about the helicopters and the secret agents and all that jazz, Katy. It really added a funny-ness to you log.

    ReplyDelete