Monday, March 2, 2009

Postes Numeres Tres

"What that really means is I'm supposed to do whatever she says, and she gets all the credit."- Nadira, chapter four, p.28, ask me no questions by Marina Budhos

I think that Aisha is really letting this get to her head and that she has decided to be all cocky about it. I mean she is really treating Nadira really badly. I know that if I had someone treating me like that I would probably be really mad at them and I would have done the same thing that Nadira did. I would have said no. I mean who wants to be bossed around after having your father taken away and put in detention and while your mother is in a church somewhere waiting for your father to be released? I don't. I think that Aisha really isn't thinking about how Nadira feels about this and she really should stop and think about it, because they are going to get in many more fights if she doesn't.

I like what Lyndsay notices here. There's so much potential for Nadira to get overlooked, it's important to notice her. In the whole hustle and bustle of things, she is forgotten. Her father is being detained because he tried to get them to Canada. Her mother is staying behind to be near him so she can try to get him free. Aisha is going back so she can get into a University, and holding down the home fort. And Nadira's job, as usual, is just to follow Aisha.

2 comments:

  1. There might be a lot of potential to overlook a person like Nadira-- but can *we* overlook her? She is, after all, the narrator of the book-- it would be hard to miss her, since without her there wouldn't be any story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that you make good points, but really, i don't think that Nadira's job is JUST to follow Aisha, it's more than that. she's the little sister and will, inevitably, be overlooked at times, no matter how important her input could be!
    love the 'spanish'

    ReplyDelete